Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Beauty of Fall in our own backyard


My favorite season is Summer but I do enjoy all the beauty of Fall and the changing of colors in the leaves. I always wish it were Summer all the time but I will admit that we do live in one of the best areas in the United States weather wise. Usually we do not have extremes in weather like a lot of states.
Last Monday our group of ladies from Church had our monthly luncheon. We went to Olive Garden. We are planning on having Mexican Food next time. We may end up going to Tacoma or maybe Olympia.
Richard is always checking my blog. It seems like a lot of the stories happened in Bonney Lake. Richard says he remembers the time that I was taking the clothes off the clothes line in the back yard when I thought a dog was out by the swings. He just stood staring at me and I was thinking, Oh, no, not another stray dog. Finally he started walking away and I suddenly realized by his lumbering walk, it was a Black Bear. Then, it did shake me up a little to think I was taking down clothes and all the time the bear was just a few feet from me. By the swings there were a lot of Huckleberry bushes. I am sure that was probably why he stopped there. It was summertime and bears usually are not very hungry. Black bears actually are not really that dangerous and seldom attack people.
I loved the days that everyone had clotheslines. Your clothes always smell so good drying outdoors. Winter was not so great. I had drying racks to hang clothes on in front of the heater. I had a separate rack just for diapers. I used to dream about having diapers you could throw away, little realizing that it would really happen.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that you are a good historian for the family. I enjoy your stories even though I do not always comment on them. I am an avid reader of your blog, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete