Sunday, October 18, 2009

Beautiful Fall Day today

Beautiful Fall colors.Last Friday evening we went to the stake center to watch the Shakespearean play "A Midsummer Night's Dream". It was just great. For an a non-professional group, the acting was wonderful. The story plot was well done and the costumes were excellent.

My son Richard e-mailed me to tell me he enjoyed my story about Pegasus, the flying horse. It really makes me feel old when I think that most of my children and of course, grandchildren do not remember all those Mobil stations with the Neon signs of the flying Horse.

Richard also talked about Duane's gas station in Bonney Lake. It is now a car detail shop. Duane who owned the station also built the U-Haul in Bonney Lake and Richard says he is still alive. Richard talked to Duane's son and his son remembers going to school with David (the one living in Alaska now). He also remembers that your dad was called "Red". Debbie brought up an interesting thought. Of all seven children and all the grandchildren, none of them had red hair. Either it was not a dominent gene or it was a throwback from an older generation.

We bought most of our gas at Duane's gas station. It was down Eli hill and almost into town. That was the gas station I was happy to see the day I got lost carrying the dynamite caps around in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment