Wednesday, February 28, 2018

NEW PROJECT

First square of "The Last Supper"
I have been waiting since Anita Goodesign announced the pattern for the Last Supper to be released in March.  The magazine with the pattern disc came a few days ago.  I bought all the material for it and I was so excited to start. I got discouraged when we started looking for threads.
     I have a lot of threads but I was still short at least 80 colors.  Donna and I spent the better part of two days coming up with substitutes. We were able to match all the colors pretty close.
     I was really discouraged for awhile especially when I started reading the instructions and looking at how many different colors are on one square.  There is so much shading that it takes a lot of colors.  I did get the first square done.  I am now on the second square which takes 18 different colors.
     Now that I have finished one square I am a little more encouraged. When I get this project done, for me, it will be a masterpiece.
     In the meantime my quilt is not finished yet but is taking a back seat for a bit. So goes my life, the world of embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment